Slip and fall accidents occur at places and on properties throughout North Carolina every day. While some accidents involve only a bit of bruising and perhaps a bruised ego, other slip and fall accidents can lead to serious injuries that require an Asheville slip and fall lawyer’s help.
If you’ve experienced a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, you may have grounds for compensation for your resulting injuries and other damages. Whether you fell on a slippery sidewalk, lost your footing on crumbling stairs, or tripped over an obstacle in someone’s yard, negligent property owners and managers shouldn’t have ignored unsafe property conditions.
Slip and fall attorney Lakota Denton has worked with residents in Asheville and other parts of North Carolina to obtain just compensation for slip and fall accident victims. If you’ve suffered broken bones, head trauma or brain injury, back and neck injuries, or other types of serious injuries after a fall, contact a slip and fall law firm about making things right.
Call our attorney Lakota Denton at 828-333-5996 and ask about a free consultation for your injury case.
What Should I Do After a Slip and Fall Accident Occurs?
Here’s What Our Slip and Fall Lawyers in Asheville Recommend
After you’ve suffered a fall, you need medical attention right away so that any injuries can be addressed and treated promptly. As you’re able, taking additional actions to help strengthen your potential injury claim is recommended by our slip and fall lawyers in Asheville.
- Collect evidence – Building a solid slip and fall case requires demonstrating that a property owner was negligent. Doing so requires evidence, and evidence gathered from the accident scene could be key to your case. If you fell on a slippery surface or tripped over uneven or broken pavement, take photos of the trip hazard or ask a witness at the scene to do so. Witness statements can provide further evidence to support your case, so ask for contact info from any eyewitnesses as you’re able.
- Get a medical evaluation – In order to collect compensation for your injuries, you and your slip and fall injury attorneys must show the extent of your injuries. Even though some fall victims claim to feel fine and are reluctant to visit a doctor or urgent care facility following a fall, overlooking this step prevents establishing a record of your injuries, which is crucial to your injury case. Further, some internal injuries are less apparent and require a medical evaluation to uncover.
- Report your injury to the property owner – After you’ve been hurt on someone’s property, you will have to notify the property’s owner or managing company about the injury. Property owners are expected to keep their property in safe condition and to warn visitors about potential dangers. When recounting a fall to a property owner or to management, stick to the facts. If you’re injured, a bystander may be able to alert management to your fall. If you are injured in a parking lot or an otherwise out-of-sight location, be sure to notify management even if no one witnessed your injury.
- Contact a slip and fall law firm – Contacting slip and fall attorneys in Asheville about your accident and premises liability case is your best bet at obtaining compensation for your injuries. Slip and fall and personal injury cases are difficult to navigate without an Asheville slip and fall lawyer’s help. Similarly, a slip and fall attorney can communicate with insurance companies and parties involved on your behalf so that you can focus on healing up. After investigating the evidence surrounding your case, slip and fall lawyers in Asheville can build a case aimed at obtaining proper compensation for your medical bills and lost wages.
Elements of a Slip and Fall Case
The Legal Elements that a Slip and Fall Attorney Looks for in Each Case
A legitimate slip and call case must demonstrate four legal components that any slip and fall attorney will look for:
- A property owner had a legal duty to warn you of an unsafe condition.
- The property owner failed to warn you of this unsafe condition.
- The property owner’s failure to warn you of the unsafe condition resulted in your being injured.
- Your damages are a result of your injury.
Slip and fall lawyers in Asheville can work with you to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other accident-related expenses.
Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys Examine Negligence on Both Sides
North Carolina follows a contributory negligence policy, which provides a powerful tool for defendants. Contributory negligence states that if an injured person who’s bringing a claim forward contributed in any way to their injury, then that person cannot recover compensation.
Essentially, if a plaintiff’s negligence contributed to their injury in any way, the plaintiff is barred from obtaining compensation. Because the state’s law is strict in this regard, it’s important to speak with experienced slip and fall injury attorneys who know how to best protect your claim.
Trust Our Slip and Fall Attorneys in Asheville to Fight for Your Compensation
Slip and fall law firms all seek to help accident victims recover compensation following a fall injury, but attorney Lakota Denton is focused solely on personal injury cases. He and his legal team have the expertise and dedication needed to fully understand the legal elements of your slip and fall case. By working closely with clients, we’ll work hard to gather evidence and build a strong case for you while always looking out for your best interests.
For a free consultation with an experienced, caring Asheville slip and fall lawyer, call our law firm at 828-333-5996. Ask for a free consultation so that we can learn more about your case and you can find out how we can help.