Lakota R. Denton, PA

Asheville Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer

Asheville slip and fall lawyerThey are highly skilled and compassionate people. I would highly recommend Lakota! I can’t say enough good things!” – Julia F.

“Slip and Fall” refers to a broad range of injuries one can suffer when they slip, trip, or fall, or make contact with hazardous or dangerous conditions on private property.   Business and property owners have a legal responsibility to keep their premises reasonably safe for their visitors.  Regular inspections of a property are required in order to identify and fix potential safety risks.   If a property owner allows a hazard to exist, and you become injured as a result, the property owner can be legally responsible to compensate you for those injuries.      

The CDC estimated that, in 2005, 15,800 people age 65 and older died from fall-related injuries, 1.8 million people age 65 and older were treated in emergency rooms for fall-related injuries, and over 433,000 people age 65 and older were hospitalized.

Slip and Fall Law Firm in Asheville, NC

When a person slips and falls because of the negligence of another, he/she can suffer serious injuries that can negatively impact their life and require extensive medical treatment. The need for ongoing specialist care, some of it in-home, disrupts the life of the injured person and their family. Slip and fall injuries often result from:

  • wet or icy surfaces,
  • spilled materials on the floor,
  • overly worn or loose carpet or floor tiles,
  • loose or broken stairs,
  • loose electrical cords, or
  • furniture or debris in a walkway.

Many of these environmental factors occur in neglected, low-traffic areas of a property with few or no witnesses.  Attorney Lakota R. Denton is an experienced Asheville slip and fall lawyer committed to helping the injured recover money for the losses they have suffered.  Please don’t hesitate to call for a free consultation and a no-pressure discussion about your case.

Slip and Fall Injuries Can be Severe and Life Changing

When a property owner or manager is negligent about maintaining safe premises for authorized visitors or customers, they create an environment where a person exercising a reasonable degree of caution could be seriously injured.   An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for injuries sustained due to the carelessness of a property owner.   Even if a property owner was unaware of a hazard that caused an injury, they can still be held liable if they should have known, through proper inspections and management of the premises. 

According to the National Safety Council (NSC), an estimated 8.9 million people in the United States visit emergency rooms every year seeking treatment for injuries sustained in slip, trip, or fall accidents. Some of the more common injuries our clients have sustained include the following:

  • broken bones or fractures,
  • contusions & lacerations,
  • soft tissue tears,
  • sprains and strains,
  • traumatic brain injury (TBI),
  • skull fractures,
  • neck and back injuries,
  • spinal cord injuries, and
  • nerve damage

Many of these injuries are debilitating and require injured people to undergo long-term care with orthopedic specialists. Some require multiple surgeries or frequent monitoring. Costly inpatient or in-home rehabilitation services may also be needed, pulling the injured person’s attentions away from their normal routine at home.

While many of our clients recover fully and are able to resume their lives once their injuries heal, some will never fully recover and suffer from permanent disabilities. When a defendant’s negligence results in a permanent disability, it drastically increases the complexity of the injured person’s case. This is where an experienced lawyer can help you seek fair compensation for the scope and severity of your injuries.  

Holding Property Owners Responsible for Their Negligence

An experienced lawyer can properly investigate your accident in order to determine negligence on the part of the property owner.  If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, including:

  • Emergency room visits,
  • hospital stays,
  • follow up care,
  • medical supplies

In addition to medical expenses, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:

  • lost wages from missed work or a lost job,
  • physical pain and suffering,
  • mental/emotional distress from the injuries,
  • any permanent disability,
  • loss of enjoyment of life, and
  • duties performed under duress.

It is vital to speak with an experienced attorney about your case to get a clear picture of what your case is worth, and what to do next. Some cases require resources that only a skilled attorney can help with, such as obtaining witness statements, surveillance footage, medical expert reports, and medical record review. 

If you have questions and need to speak with a lawyer about your case, don’t hesitate to call or email us today.  We offer free consultations and will discuss your case to determine how we can help you get the compensation you deserve, so you can focus on your recovery.  


We Work With Some of the Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Asheville, and Around the Country

Attorney Denton consults with some of the best personal injury lawyers in Asheville, and around the country, always striving to learn new strategies that increase the value of our client’s slip and fall cases. We seek to ensure that our clients are treated fairly and reasonably by insurance companies, who are looking for any possible ways to save money.  Attorney Lakota Denton attends seminars and conferences with some of the country’s most preeminent trial lawyers, to learn cutting edge theory and trial strategy.  



Need Legal Help? We are here to answer your questions.

We serve clients throughout North Carolina.

Our office is conveniently located in downtown Asheville NC. Please fill out our contact form, or call us today to find out how we can help.

* Please do not submit personal or case details through this form.