ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
Our Truck Accident Attorney in Asheville Can Help You
The advice and counsel of a qualified truck accident lawyer can help you determine your next steps. You want to work with an experienced professional, one who both understands state laws and is an aggressive negotiator and litigator. Our Asheville truck accident lawyer fits the bill.
He will work tirelessly on your behalf, always keeping your well-being as the No. 1 priority. When you work with Lakota R. Denton, P.A. you can focus on your recovery; we will handle everything else.
Our legal team has been incredibly successful, winning multiple six-figure awards for our clients.
We fight as hard as we can so that you receive the settlement you deserve. If you or someone you love was the victim of a truck accident, contact us today at 828-333-5996 and learn how we can help you.
“I’m leaving a 5-star review for Lakota Denton and his excellent team because of their utmost care and compassion. I came to them drowning in the turbid waters of despondent lawyers and sketchy doctors, and they put me on a plan to physical recovery, while they recovered my case. Lakota is a lawyer with keen awareness, dignity, and most importantly, heart. Thank you, Lakota.” – Ganesh Braymiller
“Excellent in every way. Lakota is easily the best lawyer I have ever worked with. Effective, efficient, honest, compassionate, friendly and fair. Hiring a lawyer can be stressful, but Lakota transforms that stress into confidence. And that confidence is then justified by the results he gets. Thanks for your help Lakota!” – Stephen Barnard
“I couldn’t be happier with the job Lakota Denton and his awesome staff did for me after I had my accident. They all really cared about my outcome and stayed in touch every step of the way. I can’t recommend him enough!! 5 stars all the way. Thank you!” – Peter Estrada
“In an accident? Need Help? This is your turn-key, set-it-and-forget-it solution! Lakota and Jenny are two of the best friends you will meet in Asheville! If anything can go sideways, be atypical or oddball… it seems like it will happen to me. True to form, several legal obstacles cropped up, even though I was not at fault in the accident.” – Christopher McGrath
“Lakota provided me with a free consultation and gave me crucial information on how to handle my accident case with an 18 wheeler. His guidance set me on the right path to maximizing my settlement while feeling confident I understood the process. I cannot recommend his services enough, he was an incredible help to me.” – Amy Fisher
“Lakota Denton is a champion for the people. He worked with me on a car accident case and won the maximum settlement. He has a strong reputation as an experienced trial lawyer so insurance companies know he doesn’t mess around.” – Chalkley Matlack
“Attorney Lakota Denton was super effective at isolating the issue, building a strong case, and achieving immediate results on behalf of clients in a matter that is so key to our constitutional rights. If looking for an attorney, look no further. You need him in your court!” – Zachery Adam
“Incredibly helpful folks- whether you end up utilizing their services or not. They provided me with peace of mind on a terrible day when I had no idea what steps to take. You won’t find a friendlier or better informed personal injury lawyer in Asheville! Even if you’re just not sure of your rights or the steps to take, it’s definitely worth making the call!” – Chessa Budai
Vehicular accidents are frightening, and those involving a truck can be downright traumatizing. As a result of the size and mass of commercial vehicles, accidents involving them often produce serious and permanent injuries and an uncertain future.
Asheville truck accident lawyer, Lakota Denton, is ready to answer your questions and explain how he will fight for the compensation you deserve to cover the costs associated with your truck accident.
Regardless of the size of the truck or the location of the incident in North Carolina, you may be able to recover damages from the individual or organizations whose negligence caused your accident.
That said, the process of determining liability, accounting for damages, and negotiating a settlement can be both complicated and very time-consuming.
Why Choose Us?
Some of the reasons why you should work with our team include:
- We have a long track record of positive results for our clients.
- We have an intimate understanding of truck accident law in the greater area.
- We have connections throughout the industry that we can use to get expert witnesses to testify on your behalf.
- We have a litany of positive client reviews and testimonials.
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you, contact us for a case consultation.
How Can We Help You?
Some of the ways that we can help you include:
- We can subpoena documents and evidence from the accident that can support your case.
- We can ask experts to recreate what happened at the accident to support your story.
- We can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to maximize your potential settlement.
- In the event you are not offered a fair settlement, we can help you take the case to trial.
The sooner you reach out to us, the faster you can get on the road to recovery.
The Effects of a Truck Accident
Our truck accident attorney in Asheville shares common injury information. Truck accidents can cause significant property damage, serious personal injury, and even death. In addition, because of their size, the driver and passengers in the car often suffer when trucks hit automobiles.
Victims can be jolted inside their cars or even be ejected. A host of injuries can occur in a collision like this. Some of the more common include:
- Broken Bones
- Soft Tissue Injuries (Bruises and sprains)
- Traumatic Head Injuries
- Back and Spine Injuries
- Memory Issues.
When these injuries are serious, treatment can be both extensive and costly. In addition to emergency medical services, victims may require surgery, medication, and physical therapy. Sometimes long-term care is necessary.
Types of Truck Accidents
Our Asheville truck accident lawyer tailors his strategy to the type of accident. There are several types of accidents caused by trucks, each of which can result in considerable property damage and significant injury.
You can depend on Lakota Denton’s experience and skill to fight aggressively on your behalf. Lakota understands how several types of accidents may have different causes. He will thoroughly investigate your case to identify how negligence may have led to the accident.
As a truck accident lawyer with a proven record of success, he will leave no stone unturned to ensure you get all the compensation you deserve.
Truck accidents are common in North Carolina, including in the Asheville area. Some types of these truck wrecks specifically include:
- Rollovers: A high center of gravity increases the chances of a rollover. When taking turns at high rates of speed or going too fast in windy weather, trucks may tip and roll.
- Cargo Spills: Trucks are used to ship goods from place to place. At times, their cargo may not be appropriately contained and can spill. When this occurs on a road with other vehicles, the materials that fell from the truck can cause accidents.
- Jackknife: 18-wheel vehicles are comprised of a tractor and a trailer. Sometimes the tractor’s connection device malfunctions and the two parts separate. The resulting perpendicular position resembles that of a jackknife, hence the name.
- Override: This happens when a truck crashes into the back of a car. Because trucks are larger and higher, rear-end crashes can result in the truck driving on top of the vehicle it hit. Crashes like this often result in fatalities, particularly for those riding in the back seat.
- Underride: This is actually the reverse of an override. When a car collides with the rear of a truck it may, depending on its size, become wedged under the body of the larger vehicle. These crashes can be fatal to the driver and passengers in the front seat of the car.
- Runaway Vehicles: Because trucks are so heavy, they can run out of control, especially if the truck driver loses control. While this can happen on a level highway, it is more common when traveling downhill.
The causes of these accidents can be attributed to several factors, many of which are the result of negligence.
Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Asheville NC Explains the Role of Negligence
Understanding the Causes of Truck Accidents
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
“a total of 4,119 people died in large truck crashes in 2019. Sixteen percent of these deaths were truck occupants, 67 percent were occupants of cars and other passenger vehicles, and 15 percent were pedestrians, bicyclists, or motorcyclists.”
Our truck accident lawyer understands the tragic outcome when a truck collides with a car or hits a pedestrian. That is why Lakota Denton is committed to putting his legal skills to work fighting on behalf of his clients.
These numerous truck accidents were caused by a range of issues often based on negligent behavior by any number of players. These can include:
- Driving Under the Influence: Sadly, drugs and alcohol do play a role in many truck accidents. Commercial truck drivers are held to extremely strict standards. According to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety, any individual with a blood alcohol content of .08 immediately has their license revoked for 30 days. When the driver is operating a truck, the legal limit is .04. The use of drugs or alcohol slows reactions and can cause serious accidents. When an accident is caused by a driver who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, our truck accident attorney will gather evidence to prove the negligence of the driver.
- Distracted Driving: Because they spend extended time away from home and on the road, it is not surprising that truck drivers tend to check their cell phones and tablets frequently, both for personal and professional reasons.
- Tired Driving: It is common knowledge that commercial vehicle operators spend many hours on the road, often without necessary breaks. Financial incentives regarding delivery times often encourage drivers to “keep going” and not get the rest they so desperately need. Exhaustion leads to slower reaction times and sometimes drivers even fall asleep at the wheel.
- Speeding: Regardless of the vehicle you are driving, speeding can result in a lack of control. Trucks, because of their size and high center of gravity, are even harder to manage.
- Aggressive Driving: Incentives in the form of compensation encourage drivers to get from points A to B as quickly as possible. To accomplish this, some drivers tend to be rather aggressive on the road. They follow other vehicles too closely (tailgate), pass inappropriately, and even neglect to use their turn signals.
- Health Issues: Federal regulations outline health issues that would prohibit an individual from driving a truck. These include but are not limited to insulin use, epilepsy, and certain levels of hearing and vision loss. There are exemptions available, but they must be formally obtained.
Truck driver negligence is obvious in most of the above causes. Our Asheville personal injury lawyer knows how to prove it. Lakota Denton’s skill and experience are well-known among insurance company representatives.
When you have our team on your side, you will have a strong advocate who is a skillful negotiator and, when necessary, a strategic litigator.
FAQs About Truck Accidents
Do I Need to Work with a Truck Accident Lawyer?
A seasoned truck injury lawyer will leverage his or her knowledge of the industry, help to account for your expenses (past, present, and future), and advocate for you, ensuring the best possible settlement.
How Much Will I Get for My Truck Accident?
Should you be able to prove negligence, in North Carolina, you can recover expenses for medical bills, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
How Long Do I Have to File My Truck Accident Claim?
This is an important question. In North Carolina, the statute of limitations for suing for personal injury is three years.
Contact Our Asheville Truck Accident Attorney in Asheville, NC, Today
Find a compassionate ally and a fierce protector of your rights in Lakota Denton. If you or someone you love was the victim of a truck accident, contact Lakota R. Denton for a free consultation.
There are no fees if we do not win your case. These complex accidents require a truck accident attorney who has the skill and knowledge to manage commercial trucking claims.
The cost of medical treatment and care for injuries suffered by those involved in truck accidents can be astronomical. You may be able to recover these costs, or a portion of them. We know that being involved in an accident with a commercial truck can affect every aspect of your life, but we are here to defend your rights and protect your interests.
Our Asheville truck accident lawyer can review your case and help you to pursue the settlement you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free case consultation at 828-333-5996.
Lakota R. Denton, P.A. – Asheville Office
36 Orchard St, Asheville, NC 28801