Lakota Denton is the Asheville Car Accident Lawyer You Need on Your Side
When you’re dealing with the effects of a car accident and your injuries, the last thing you need to worry about is how car accident cases work, what North Carolina laws apply to your case and how, or about finances. That’s why you should turn to the Asheville car accident lawyer who will tell you honestly what to expect in your case and will provide you as much or as little detail about the steps in your case as you want.
Honesty is important, but so is winning.
After all, you may have really large medical bills and stand to lose wages for an extended period. Attorney Lakota Denton has won multiple six-figure awards for his clients. We will work with you to get the compensation you deserve after your Asheville car accident, whether it’s through negotiation or litigation.
Our Asheville car accident lawyer knows how insurance companies treat victims of car wrecks. They want to protect their bottom line. Our goal is very different: we want to protect you. We know their tactics, and we’ll fight to win the compensation you deserve. If necessary, we’ll take on the insurance company in court.
You Need Help, But How Do You Know Which Lawyer to Choose?
Attorney Lakota Denton takes pride in helping car accident victims in the Asheville area because he knows that he provides an important service. And he knows he’s helping his neighbors. Lakota cares about the people in his community and dedicates himself to helping accident victims get their lives back on track. He also does what he can to prevent future accidents with his Slow Down Asheville and Serve Safe, Drink Safe, Do the Right Thing programs that he initiated.
Supporting our Asheville community matters, but our legal skills are what you most need right now. Lakota is the car accident attorney in Asheville who will help you get your life back on track after an auto accident.
“I’m leaving a 5-star review for Lakota Denton and his excellent team because of their utmost care and compassion. I came to them drowning in the turbid waters of despondent lawyers and sketchy doctors, and they put me on a plan to physical recovery, while they recovered my case. Lakota is a lawyer with keen awareness, dignity, and most importantly, heart. Thank you, Lakota.” – Ganesh Braymiller
“Excellent in every way. Lakota is easily the best lawyer I have ever worked with. Effective, efficient, honest, compassionate, friendly and fair. Hiring a lawyer can be stressful, but Lakota transforms that stress into confidence. And that confidence is then justified by the results he gets. Thanks for your help Lakota!” – Stephen Barnard
“I couldn’t be happier with the job Lakota Denton and his awesome staff did for me after I had my accident. They all really cared about my outcome and stayed in touch every step of the way. I can’t recommend him enough!! 5 stars all the way. Thank you!” – Peter Estrada
“In an accident? Need Help? This is your turn-key, set-it-and-forget-it solution! Lakota and Jenny are two of the best friends you will meet in Asheville! If anything can go sideways, be atypical or oddball… it seems like it will happen to me. True to form, several legal obstacles cropped up, even though I was not at fault in the accident.” – Christopher McGrath
“Lakota provided me with a free consultation and gave me crucial information on how to handle my accident case with an 18 wheeler. His guidance set me on the right path to maximizing my settlement while feeling confident I understood the process. I cannot recommend his services enough, he was an incredible help to me.” – Amy Fisher
“Lakota Denton is a champion for the people. He worked with me on a car accident case and won the maximum settlement. He has a strong reputation as an experienced trial lawyer so insurance companies know he doesn’t mess around.” – Chalkley Matlack
“Attorney Lakota Denton was super effective at isolating the issue, building a strong case, and achieving immediate results on behalf of clients in a matter that is so key to our constitutional rights. If looking for an attorney, look no further. You need him in your court!” – Zachery Adam
“Incredibly helpful folks- whether you end up utilizing their services or not. They provided me with peace of mind on a terrible day when I had no idea what steps to take. You won’t find a friendlier or better informed personal injury lawyer in Asheville! Even if you’re just not sure of your rights or the steps to take, it’s definitely worth making the call!” – Chessa Budai
Why Choose Our Asheville Car Accident Lawyer
Why should you turn to car accident lawyer Lakota Denton and his team? Here are a few good reasons:
- We understand. We understand that being in a car accident can be a traumatic experience. You’re in pain, you need medical treatment, and you need the best doctors. Your car needs to be repaired or replaced. The last thing you should have to worry about is whether or not you can afford an attorney. That’s why we work on a contingency basis, which means that you don’t pay us unless we win your case.
- We don’t rush a settlement. More often than not, severe injuries require months of physical therapy or even surgery. Many times, the severity of a car accident injury doesn’t manifest itself right away, and the full extent of the damage may take some time to be discovered. Rushing into a settlement is detrimental to your case. How would you feel after accepting a settlement if a previously unknown medical issue caused by the accident now requires additional treatment? We are patient. Your recovery and compensation are important to us.
- We have a proven track record of success. You may be worried that if you don’t get a good settlement, there may not be enough to cover your medical bills, your lost wages, your car, and enough compensation for your pain and suffering. We have represented many injured car accident victims in North Carolina, and we have a successful track record of obtaining favorable settlements and verdicts for our clients, and we make sure that they get the maximum amount of compensation possible.
- You deserve a better lawyer. We believe that every client deserves the best possible representation. We’re not afraid to take on tough cases, and we never give up until we get results. As our client, you deserve nothing less than the best. Learn about how we helped others. See what our clients have to say. If you’re looking for a car accident lawyer in Asheville, NC, who will fight for you and get you the maximum settlement, we’re the firm for you.
Why Our Car Accident Attorney in Asheville Is Successful at Trial
Many car accident lawyers in Asheville will never actually file a lawsuit or try your case in front of a jury. Jury trials are a lot of work, and they are very time-consuming. It takes a sophisticated understanding of your case and superior knowledge of North Carolina accident laws to handle it correctly. Insurance companies know which lawyers are willing to take cases to trial and which lawyers just want to settle. Insurance companies also know which lawyers have been successful at litigating accident lawsuits.
The bottom line is that if you have a lawyer who is only interested in settling your case, the insurance company will offer as little as possible, knowing that the lawyer is too scared to take the case to trial. Lawyers who regularly take cases to trial will consistently get higher offers from insurance companies.
Insurance companies are in the business of managing risk and don’t like paying policy limits or large settlements – and there is no greater risk to their bottom line than an Asheville car accident lawyer who will place the value of a case in the hands of a jury. Lakota Denton routinely tries cases in front of juries. There was a point in time when Mr. Denton tried a case every month for three months. Insurance companies took note, and now they offer larger settlements for Lakota’s cases because of it.
We know how frustrating it can be to deal with insurance companies. Protect yourself and get the full compensation you deserve by talking with our team of Asheville accident lawyers at 828-333-5996. Call today or fill out our online form.
ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS
How Much is My Car Accident Case Worth?
When we pursue compensation for you, our Asheville car accident attorney will consider all the costs you may face now and in the future. When you’ve just had a serious accident, you are probably preoccupied with worry about bills, how to deal with the insurance company, concern about paperwork, questions about how to get an accident report from the police, and a host of other issues.
To help you understand what you can expect as an outcome for your case, it may help to understand the types of damages for which you can get compensation. Your case worth depends on the severity of your injuries and the defendant’s actions or inactions. You could collect two types of damages in your car accident case: compensatory damages and punitive damages. Compensatory damages are divided into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic Damages in a Car Accident Case
Special damages, often referred to as economic damages, have a monetary value and are meant to make you financially whole again. They include past and future medical expenses, past and future lost wages, replacement or repair of destroyed or damaged personal property, and funeral, burial, and/or cremation expenses.
General damages, often referred to as non-economic damages, are harder to put in terms of dollars and cents, but they are still meant to make you financially whole again. They include:
- Pain and suffering, including emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life, including loss of companionship and loss of consortium
- Loss of use of a body part or bodily function
- Amputation of a limb or digit
- Excessive scarring and/or disfigurement
- Inconvenience should you have to hire someone to do your normal chores, such as grocery shopping, house cleaning, and lawn and home maintenance.
The court orders a defendant to pay punitive damages in a car accident case only if you can prove that his or her actions or inactions were wanton, willful, or reckless. Instead of making you financially whole again, the court uses punitive damages to punish the defendant’s behavior.
If you are struggling to reach a settlement with an insurance company, it may be time to consult with an experienced Asheville car accident attorney.
Call 828-333-5996 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation.
How Our Asheville Car Accident Lawyer Determines the Value of Your Case
An Attorney Committed to Your Recovery and Compensation
An experienced car accident lawyer knows that there is no set answer or single formula for determining the value of your case, especially for damages for pain and suffering. The value depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, whether doctors expect those injuries to be long-term or permanent, and the actions and inactions of the defendant.
- The extent of your injuries. If you suffered only minor bumps and bruises, the value of your car accident case is low. This makes sense, as juries do not put as much value on a sprained ankle as they do on someone with a fractured neck. Generally, the more serious your injury, the more value a jury or insurance company will place on your case.
- The behavior of the at-fault person. Juries do not appreciate people who cause car crashes and then refuse to take responsibility for their behavior. When the person at fault accidentally crashes into your car, and they jump right out and apologize and tell you that they’ll pay for your medical bills, their behavior is not likely to add to what a jury thinks your case is worth. However, when the at-fault person was drinking and driving or refusing to accept responsibility for a wreck that everyone knows is their fault, juries tend to get more upset and place more money on the case.
- The severity of the crash. The more serious the crash, the more value an insurance company or jury will place on your case. You can imagine that a small bump to the back of your car will not arouse a jury the way it would if your car is totaled. A picture of the damage to both of the involved vehicles will be a helpful way to determine the severity of your crash.
- The amount of your medical bills. Generally, the more bills you have as a result of your accident, the more value for your case. However, be careful. Many “car accident value calculators” will try to tell you that your claim is worth three times your medical bills. This is grossly oversimplified.
As you can imagine, some people have $20,000 worth of medical bills just from X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans – all of which may show no injuries. A case with no injuries is not worth $60,000. On the flip side, some people are catastrophically injured, but only have medical bills of $10,000.
For example, our car accident attorney represented a person who had a concussion that left him with permanent vertigo – a pretty serious head injury. His bills were only $18,000. But our attorney recovered $100,000 for his case after filing a lawsuit – much more than three times his medical bills.
It’s important that you work with an experienced car accident lawyer in Asheville. When an attorney understands the process of car accident cases and has a proven record of wins, you can feel confident you are getting the best representation possible. Lakota Denton has this experience and has a proven record of wins. Call him today at 828-333-5996 to talk about your case.
Hiring a Car Accident Attorney in Asheville, NC
Experience, Confidence, and Preparation Win Cases. Results and Compassion Win Trust.
Before you hire an Asheville car accident lawyer, make sure the attorney meets the following criteria.
Whether a car accident lawyer wins or loses at trial, it’s important that a lawyer consistently tries cases before a jury. Insurance companies know who is willing to try a case and who is not. Those willing to try cases in front of juries will always get higher offers than those who are not. The attorney you choose should have extensive experience in negotiating and litigating car accident cases if you do have to go to court.
The Number of Clients the Car Accident Lawyer Handles at One Time
Generally speaking, personal injury law firms that handle hundreds of clients try to settle their car accident cases quickly and cheaply. This can hurt your case if your attorney sees your case as a number and not a person or family who needs help. Look for a law firm that handles fewer cases and has fewer lawyers – these firms tend to treat car accident cases with more attention and consequently get higher offers and better results in a trial. When you work with our law firm, only Lakota Denton is your car accident attorney, and he will give your case the personal attention it deserves.
Trial Strategy if Your Car Accident Case Goes to Litigation
Look for a small firm and a lawyer who has recently tried cases. Talk to the car accident lawyer and ask about his trial strategy and how he or she intends to prove your case. Your attorney should have a plan for litigation if it becomes necessary. A good car accident lawyer will always have in mind how to take your case to trial, not just how to get the insurance company to make an offer.
Car Accident Attorney Advertising
Attorneys who advertise on billboards or television will almost always have a harder time trying cases in front of juries that have seen their ads. Juries assume that attorneys who advertise are “ambulance chasers” and not to be trusted. Consequently, attorneys who advertise heavily rarely try cases, and insurance companies know it.
When you need an Asheville car accident lawyer, you’ll find your best choice is Lakota Denton. He “checks all the boxes” of the criteria you should use to evaluate an attorney. Find out how he can help you. Give our team a call at 828-333-5996 today.
Car Accident Injuries and How They Can Impact Your Case
Injuries could vary widely in a car accident. The severity depends on several factors, including speed, the size of the vehicle involved, and how a vehicle hits you. Injuries include:
- Bumps, bruises, scratches, cuts, and scrapes
- Strains and sprains
- Pulled and torn muscles and other soft-tissue injuries
- Simple and compound fractures
- Head, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions and penetrating brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Amputation of limbs or digits
- Heat and chemical burns
- Road rash.
You could also suffer from secondary injuries, such as infections. The defendant is also responsible for those problems because accident injuries caused them. Additionally, if your accident injuries exacerbate conditions and diseases that you already have, the defendant may be held responsible for the extra medical expenses and pain and suffering.
Our car accident attorney will be sure to pursue compensation to cover the full extent of your injuries that result from the crash.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
There are steps you should take immediately after your accident, if you’re able. But, there are also important steps our car accident attorney will take to gather information about your case. If you’ve been involved in an automobile accident that was not your fault, you’re likely going to have a lot of questions about handling the situation. When a new client asks our car accident lawyer for help, here is what we do to help with their case:
- We investigate the accident to prove who was at fault in the wreck. Determining who is at fault in a car accident usually includes obtaining photographs of the vehicles and the crash scene; obtaining video surveillance of the crash, if possible; obtaining witness statements from any eyewitnesses; speaking to the investigating officer; and obtaining the police crash report.
- We communicate with all the car insurance companies to ensure that your claim for injuries and damages is handled to your best advantage. This includes the auto insurance company for the at-fault driver, as well as your own car insurance company. In some situations, three, four, or five insurance companies can be involved. Our car accident attorney lets them know that he is involved and investigating the accident. After the investigation, Lakota Denton will document your injuries and damages to the at-fault insurance companies to ensure that you receive a full and fair settlement offer.
- We review all of your medical records and medical bills so that we can fully understand your injuries and how much money you owe to medical providers. We have a former nurse on our staff who will go through all of your medical records to make sure that we document every injury related to the crash. Our car accident lawyer will summarize your medical records for the insurance company in a way that forces them to calculate your pain and suffering settlement as high as possible. We will also contact your doctors and have them provide statements that detail your injuries to the insurance company.
- We will file a lawsuit if necessary. Sometimes insurance companies refuse to make a reasonable offer in your car accident case. When this happens, attorney Lakota Denton will file a lawsuit and litigate your case to trial if necessary. While it is not always necessary, filing a lawsuit is the only way to force insurance companies to act reasonably in some situations. Our car accident lawyer has handled dozens of cases where he has dramatically increased the insurance company offer after filing a lawsuit and proceeding to litigation.
- We will try your case before a jury if necessary. Many car accident lawyers will avoid trying your case if at all possible. Insurance companies know which lawyers are afraid to talk to juries. Because Lakota Denton has tried cases and won, insurance companies are likely to make better offers to his clients to prevent the case from going to trial.
- We will work to reduce how much you owe in medical bills for injuries suffered in the car crash. When we review your medical bills, we will look at ways to reduce your bills through filing with health insurance and Medicare or Medicaid. We will also look at ways to negotiate your bills to a lower amount with your medical providers. Reducing your bills after settlement allows you to receive more money in your pocket to compensate you for your injuries.
Most importantly, our goal is to allow you to work on recovering from your injuries with the knowledge that we are taking care of everything else.
We will gather all the needed documents. We will obtain statements from witnesses. We will negotiate with the insurance company. Your job is just to work on getting better. Contact Asheville car accident lawyer Lakota Denton today for a free consultation.
”Lakota Denton’s office was a huge help to my personal injury case! It appears to me that insurance companies don’t care to answer unless a lawyer is writing on your behalf! I highly recommend you get a consultation in with Lakota R. Denton’s office if you’ve been in an auto accident!” – Patrick Dinehart (Google Review)
Lakota R. Denton, Your Car Accident Lawyer in Asheville
Asheville car accident lawyers who try to settle quickly almost always leave money on the table. Lakota will carefully evaluate your case, strategically plan how to secure you the maximum settlement possible, and let you know what he expects in your case. If we believe that you do not need a car accident attorney, we will let you know, and you can decide whether to handle the settlement process yourself. However, we caution you to consider the severity of your accident. The more money is at stake, the more an insurer will fight to keep their settlement costs down. Any car accident case that involves catastrophic injuries and wrongful death requires an experienced attorney.
Contact our Asheville car accident lawyer today to schedule a free consultation. Lakota Denton will make a plan to move forward so that you can focus on your health. Call 828-333-5996 for a free consultation.